Yoga & Wellbeing Professionals Insurance

yoga instructor with mat

Why do I need insurance?

Every Yoga teacher and wellbeing professional wether part time or full time wants to maintain the highest professional standards so that your students keep coming back.

You know there are some risks in your business and you have a responsibility, to and for, your students. In today’s world, that means if things go wrong then you could face claims for injury that you caused or failed to prevent.

Even though its unlikely, any claim is always very stressful and will involve a lot of mental anxiety and hurt – apart from the injury your student has suffered.

Therefore insurance is almost an absolute must!

Whilst insurance is a pretty dreary subject and sometimes get a bad press, insurance is an effective way of minimising the financial impact to your business if something goes wrong.

For a relatively low premium the risk that there will be a claim against you is shared across the entire community.

The right insurance can take away the stress of financial worry. Any legal fees or compensation you need to pay, unless a limited company, will be covered if a claim is made against you personally. A personal claim could, in some circumstances, result in you losing your home or other assets.

What insurance do I need?

The market for this type of risk is well established and there are a number of providers of Public Liability policies. We are one but by no means the only one.

Because each welbeing professionals’ insurance needs are varied, you may also need insurance for your equipment and studio. If running classes at home, then either your home insurer has to agree or you may need a specific cover.

If you employ another teacher, even a volunteer, to help you then Employers Liability insurance is mandatory under law. Fortunately, most business insurance packages will wrap Public Liability and Employers Liability into one and so your administration is easier.

What if I can’t work? can I protect my income?

Yes, as a self employed person you need to think about what protection you have if you are injured! There are Personal Accident plans and Income Protection policies that can act as your safety net.

How do I get a quote?

Apply online through our quote page but remember to get a quote from more than one provider – we’re confident but you should check!

How many other insurers say that! and if you have any questions then please contact us by DM Facebook @theservicesfamily or call.