Any personal information you give to us will be processed in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998. In 2018, the new General Data Protection Regulations came into force and our platform and business processes are compliant with these regulations.
When we ask you for personal information we promise to:
- tell you why we need it,
- only ask for what we need,
- make sure nobody has access to it who shouldn’t,
- only keep it for as long as we need to,
- not make your personal information available to other organisations without your permission, unless it is information that we use to deliver a specific third-party service.
In return we ask you to:
- give us accurate information,
- tell us as soon as possible if there are any changes, such as a new address.
This helps us to keep your information reliable and up to date.
We collect, store and process personal data about you to administer and manage the educational course programmes and all other services.
Provided you notify us, or when we identify a significant period of inactivity on your account, we will not continue to hold your data and assume that you have permanently stopped using this site or our services – you will be able to re-join at any time.
The data collected in the user account form will only be used for IT user account administration and will not be disclosed to any third party, except where legally required under the terms of the Act. Your data may also be used to support our marketing and market research activities. Electronic personal records will be deleted as soon as practicable after the account is closed – we aim to do this within 7 days.
We have taken steps to ensure your data is held securely. This website and data hosting service is provided by FastHosts a UK firm. Our site is secured by SSL and effective third party protection software.
The legal principles required by the Information Commissioner and how we will respond to each:
- A Right of Subject Access. We will confirm the personal data held about you at your request. Under GDPR we will erase all your data, that we are not legally required to retain, on request – the right to be forgotten.
- A Right of Correction. We will correct any mistakes in the data held about you as soon as we are made aware of an error.
- A Right to Prevent Distress. We will not use your data for any third-party activities without your prior permission.
- A Right to Prevent Direct Marketing. We will only use your data in marketing the courses and services provided by equals when and if you link to our services.
- A Right to Prevent Automatic Decisions. Your data which is collected through this website will only be used to make “automated” decisions about you where it is relevant to track your progress on our courses and provide you ‘awards’ and updates.
- A Right of Complaint to the Information Commissioner. You may ask for the use of your personal data to be reviewed under the data protection regulations.
- A Right to Compensation. If we negligently lose your data, you may be eligible for compensation for damage caused (“damages”) if personal data about you is inaccurate, lost, or disclosed.
Like many websites, our website uses small files called ‘cookies’ which contain an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) stored on your computer by your browser. When you revisit our pages, your browser sends back the identifier which restores your session details.
Cookies do not hold personal information but can link your session to the personal profile we store for course tracking and other services and as we have set out above.
Our ‘cookies’ will remain valid for 1 month, unless you delete it before the expiry date using the browser clear functions.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites. Once you have linked to a Third Party we obviously have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
Services Family Ltd is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office under reference: ZA455772.